Sunday, August 9, 2009

Customs for my bookclub gals!

Finally finished up some purses! Sewing is not only a creative outlet for me, but also a lesson in patience. Case in point...I was trying to finish up the second purse while Miss Miss was down for a nap. In doing so, I put the zipper in wrong and had to tear it out...twice, broke three needles, had a bobbin that would just not cooperate and sewed the bottom of the bag closed before I had turned it right side out! Had I slowed down at the very beginning, I am sure I would have finished in half of the time :)
All the fabrics are by Anna Maria Horner. The pink hued bag is for Julie - I selected those fabrics as I found the pink one rather romantic (and Julie is an English Literature major) and the coordinating fabric was just fun (which Julie is also). The orange/blue bag is for Holland - I selected the main fabric because it feels vintage Western to me and Holland is originally from Texas, the brown dots also have a Western feel and the orange is just a splash of fun. I would love to keep these bags for myself, but I have too many bags already and they were sewn with the soon to be new owners in mind.